Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Essentials of English Grammar

The appearance of this book is due to urgent appeals from some English friends (among them Professors W.E.Collinson, G.C.Moore Smith, and R.A.Williams), who asked me to bring out a one-volume grammar embodying the principles explained in The Philosophy of Grammar and partly carried out in the seven volumes of my Modern English Grammar. After some years of hesitation I have now made the attempt, but of course the responsibility for its shortcomings rests exclusively upon me. Parts of the manuscript have been submitted to various friends, to whose kind criticisms I owe a great debt of gratitude. I must mention Dr.E.R.Edwards, who read nearly the whole of the manuscript;

Essentials of English Grammar
Essentials of English Grammar


Professors C.A.Bodelsen and G.E.K.Braunholtz, Miss Isabel Fry, Dr.G.E.Fuhrken, and Miss J.Young, Ph.D., who all of them read a greater or lesser number of chapters and communicated to me their remarks. Niels Haislund, M.A., assisted me in copying the manuscript, and gave me valuable assistance in reading the proofs. My heartfelt thanks to all these kind scholars...

Download this book: http://www.mediafire.com/?k84zb7aeyogzw8x/

0 comments:

Post a Comment